Sunday, December 19, 2010

Music, beer and some of life's other essentials

Going back to work has, unsurprisingly, punched a big hole through my erstwhile daily level of productivity. Throughout the course of my lengthy leave period, I had all the time in the world to manage my life. Every day was more or less my own. Not any more. Since returning to the life of a wage slave, my challenge has been to not slacken off in any areas, so I have been very busy in the evenings and on my days off.
I have performed a few times, most weeks, playing gigs of all sizes and styles. The most notable of the recent shows was the launch of the latest SCALA album, A Guided Tour. The album features one of my songs; it is my 15th CD release. Not too shabby, especially when I remind myself that I was the wrong side of 30 before I made my first appearance on disc.
The home brew has come up well. I sampled my first bottle late last week, and I have since demolished a few more. It will improve over the coming weeks and months. If I can leave it that long. It's nice to be back in the fold.
I have been grappling with new (and old) technology around the house, riding my bike, preparing for Christmas and keeping an eye on the vegetables. The kitchen will be filled with tomatoes very shortly.

There's no time to get bored.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment