Friday, March 11, 2011

One night in Hamburg

My last show for the 2011 Fringe was the curiously named Beatle Soup, a performance given by Adelaide's Fab Four, down at The Cavern Club on North Terrace.
I went with another Beatle nut, and I think it's fair to say that we had a good night. Most of the songs selected for performance were appropriate, and the performance of said songs was also pretty good.
It was a bit of stretch to see mature men playing the teenage Beatles, but it didn't take me long to get past that. It was a bit of theatre, and it is the closest I will ever get to sitting in the Kaiserkeller in 1960, unless someone buys me a time machine...
The set list went something like this: Besame Mucho, Three Cool Cats, Some Other Guy, Roll Over Beethoven, Money, Be-Bop-a-Lula, Act Naturally, My Bonnie, Slow Down, I Saw Her Standing There, Hippy Hippy Shake, Twist and Shout. (Cheers Stewart for having a better memory than me).

www.bleakumbrella.com

1 comment: