Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thinking of England...

Over the last week or so, I have been regularly reminded about the times we have spent it England over the last few years. It must be the weather. Perhaps the Adelaide autumn throws up similar patterns to the early English summers to which I have become used.
At various stages of any given day, perhaps when walking to work through the parklands, riding my bike in hilly areas, sitting/playing in pubs, even when shopping, I have been spirited away to Derbyshire.
Walking home through Wayville the other day, I was half-expecting to come across The Welcome Tavern, where I might pop in for a pint. Of course, this type of little suburban pub doesn't exist here in Adelaide. I'll have to travel 12,000 miles to experience that particular pleasure.

Oh well, maybe next year. Maybe...

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment