Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Something approaching mindfulness

It has only been a week and a bit since I started my long break, but I can already sense a change in the way I am thinking. The big difference, unsurprisingly, is in the amount of time I now have available to complete my daily tasks. This means that instead of racing to cook a meal as soon as I get home, doing the gardening while I am planning my next job, squeezing in a rehearsal between ironing and answering emails etc, I can now completely focus on whatever it is that I am doing at the time. Walking the dog is no longer something to avoid, or to do under sufferance. Reading a book has ceased being an exercise in how quickly I can finish a chapter. These are now things to be savoured. Even household chores are much more enjoyable, not to mention done more effectively, when I am not rushing through them. I am happy just being in the moment, concentrating fully on the task at hand. Peace of mind, the scale of which I have hitherto been unable to achieve, may be just around the corner...
Nauseating, isn't it?

How will I ever manage to go back to work?

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment