Friday, June 25, 2010

Chariots of the Mods

Today I put into place the final piece of the jigsaw, in terms of my Vespa's restoration. I purchased a couple of mirrors that will be just the ticket, in terms of aesthetic and practicality. Fitting them will allow me to see the traffic approaching from behind without having to twist my head around, à la Linda Blair.
It's been a while coming, but I will make some time in the next few days to attach the mirrors, as well as the the brand-spanking new number plate. Then I'll take the old girl for a spin. Quadrophenia, baby.
I suppose I will soon yield to the temptations of more chrome, in the guise of racks and other accoutrements but, for now, the straight-out-of-the-factory look will do. She is a beauty.
1963 was a good year for Vespas and, quite possibly, a good year for David Robinsons.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment