Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mawson: Day Five - Day of rest

Even though there's no riding today, some folks still feel the need to get up before dawn and have their shouty conversations about nothing. I got up around 7.15, and enjoyed a leisurely hot shower before sitting down to a leisurely hot breakfast comprising scrambled eggs, tomato, mushrooms and four slices of toast. And two cups of tea. I finished my washing, changed my tubes in preparation for the Spalding run, and lubed and cleaned the bike. Chores done, I went to the bakery for a coffee and a custard tart. We walked around for a while, then went back to camp, before revisiting the bakery for lunch. The Burra Hotel was a pleasant stop; a couple of pints and some affable chatting. Tomorrow will be an interesting ride - a slight detour as the Mawson is impassable in parts. Bloody weather. Next stop Tooralie Homestead!

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment