Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Railway Children

Tonight I indulged my inner child and watched The Railway Children. I remember my mum taking me to see it at the pictures when I was very young, and also sitting through it a few times on television back in the day. I probably last watched it sometime in the middle 1970s, so it's been a while...

What a delightful way to spend a couple of hours. The film is little more that a collection of episodes, I suspect they are chapters from the book, with a hint of plotline that just about holds the film together. It describes an almost-heavenly existence in an idyllic Yorkshire village, where innocence abounds, the crises are manageable, and there is hope in every passing train.

I doubt a village like ever really existed but, if it did, I'd move tomorrow.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment