Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lower Lakes: Day Four - Cruisin'

Today wasn't the official rest day, but it might as well have been. The three of us plan to do more riding tomorrow (on the designated rest day) than we did today. I enjoyed a sleep in until around 6.45, packed up Camp David in a relaxed manner, and then went to the Meningie Bakery for breakfast. We hung around, eating while we scanned the newspapers, before heading back to camp. We needed to load our bikes onto a trailer before getting on a bus. The bus would take us to Long Point, where we would get on a boat for a tour of the Coorong and Murray Mouth. While were waiting I developed a raging thirst so I rode back into town to get cans of Coke for me and the boys. I also went to the newsagent and bought two mountain bike mags for $2 each.
The cruise was pretty cool; it is the first time I have seen the Murray Mouth.
We arrived at Hindmarsh Island, where we alighted and were reunited with our bikes. We rode the length of the island, in the heat of the day and with a bit of cross and head wind, and over the once-controversial bridge.
A very easy day. Goolwa is my home for the next three nights so it is nice to be set up for that.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment