Thursday, September 20, 2012

Annual Tour Day Two - An Ill Wind.

It's colourless, odourless and tasteless. Depending on its direction, it can be of great assistance or it can smash you to pieces.
Wind.
On Sunday the ride took me to Kadina and then on to Wallaroo. It was a pleasant novelty to leave camp without having to pack up. The route to Kadina was fast, the strong breeze pushed us all the way there, but as soon as we turned for Wallaroo and Moonta I knew I was in trouble. The wind was right at me, and the long, straight stretch from Wallaroo to Moonta Bay was hideous. Exhausting. Partly because I was out of condition, but mainly because the wind was a bitch. The 4WD that missed me by centimetres didn't do much for my opinion of tank-driving idiots either. Anyhow, for the bulk of the ride I just tucked in behind Ray and cursed. Happy days.

I was a tad relieved when we arrived back at camp.

I spent the afternoon recovering from a precarious position. I felt pretty bashed up. The miniature train ride around the mine helped a little, as did the restorative 'brown champagnes' at the Royal Hotel.

Vegetarian lasagna for tea. I bought my own Parmesan.

I was asleep before 9.00 PM.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment