Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to reality

I have been back at Millswood for the best part of a week. It's amazing how quickly the time has passed.
I have been moving quickly from being very tired to being wide awake. It can hit anytime - in either direction. I am waking up very early. On Saturday night I was so exhausted that I fell asleep on the sofa at about 8.00 PM (must have been the gripping election coverage). I am instantly wide awake at 1.00 in the morning, processing my thoughts... Things I did yesterday seem like recollections of dreams. Like all things, it will pass.
The frantic nature of the first couple of days back at home has now subsided, and we are attacking our chores at a gentler pace. I have cooked a fair bit, in an effort to eat more healthily. Those crumbed mushrooms and fried onion rings they serve in the pubs can certainly add to your girth. I am still unpacking, the Vespa requires my help, we are looking at improving the storage around the place, and I am about to re-open my brewery ie make some beer. The vegetable garden deserves some attention and I need to rehearse.
There's plenty to keep us occupied; glad I'm not back at work.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment