Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Something in the way

I went down to The Metro last night and had a play. I'd been struggling most of the day, trying to wrap my head around minor, but nonetheless vexing, issues. I felt like a release, and I knew that having my guitar in my hands would help.
It was a cold, rather horrible night outside, and I was somewhat surprised to find that I wasn't the only person daft enough to have ventured out. The bar was well-stocked with musicians and punters, all seemingly focused on having a good night out.
The music was groovy, the vibe was excellent, and the black and tans were, no doubt, nourishing. It was nice to be back in the fold. I did five songs, doffing my cap to John Lennon and Kurt Cobain along the way.
I'm glad I went; it would have been easy to sit in my warm lounge room and watch telly. But not nearly as much fun!

www.bleakumbrella.com

1 comment: