Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The loneliness of the long distance author

Another weekend has been and gone. A long one, as it happens. Football teams have won and lost, and Alan Sillitoe has died. The days are shortening and the weather is cooling. We are all, like it or not, getting older. Except Alan Sillitoe. RIP.
I went for a ride on my bike on Sunday, to try and regain some of the fitness I have lost over the last few weeks. I took a photo of a rather impressive rainbow at the top of a big climb. I managed to dodge the rain...
The fruits of our vegetable garden were put to good use last night; we made ratatouille using eggplant, and put our capsicums, chillies, basil and more eggplant to good use in our evening meal - eggplant parmigiana. I am looking forward to getting better acquainted with both the garden and the kitchen over my long break. It can't come too soon.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment