Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday rambling...

Friday is my favourite day. It always has been, and I suspect it always will. I usually have Fridays off, which adds to the joy.

This morning I rose before dawn, got picked up around 6:45, and was ferried into town. My mate Bob and I, along with a few hundred others, took part in the Walk A Mile In My Boots charity walk to help the homeless. It was a cold, cold morning, but at least we hadn't spent the night sleeping outdoors.
I walk to work at dawn most days. I pass through Adelaide's parklands and I know that there are folks sleeping rough out there. It's freezing in winter; I don't know how people do it. I guess you can do just about anything when you have no choice. I am thankful that I have a choice.
The walk went well, there was a pervading sense that we were doing something good, and I enjoyed a fried egg sandwich at the end before we headed down Hutt Street for a coffee.

I am fond of saying that "You are only two bad decisions away from sleeping in the parklands". I believe this. Most of us can make one almighty mistake and just about recover. When one mistake leads to another, however, things can spin out of control very quickly.
Extreme caution is advised when making mistakes.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment