Tuesday, January 1, 2013

looking back

Last night I waved goodbye to the busiest year I have ever had, musically.
In the first half of 2012 I played 24 times. Not too bad, I guess. About a gig a week.
From July 1 until New Years' Eve, I performed 96 times. Ninety Six. In just 184 days. Wow. I made my mind up mid-year that I was going to play more and I certainly made it happen.
No wonder I'm tired.
Memorable gigs included playing at the Irish Club for the first time, appearing at the Balaklava Races, launching the Yours Truly CD at the Grace Emily, playing at The Union in Sydney, singing my songs at the Semaphore Music Festival on the Busker's Stage, doing my thing at the Tarlee Community Fair, playing a Hank Williams tribute show, surprising Ken Stewart at Bondi Beach with a set of Urban Guerillas' songs, appearing at Shimmering West during the Fringe Festival and, of course, entertaining folks across five states and territories as I rode the rails on Australia's great trans-continental trains.
I've put two CDs out, and appeared live on Three D radio and Radio Adelaide. I've run a series of songwriters' workshops, had poetry published, and a bunch of my other writings have appeared in local and national magazines. I've played in a few duos, learned a ton of other people's songs, and met some brilliant folks along the way.
It's been a hoot, and I can only hope for more of the same in 2013.

www.davidrobinsononline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment