Saturday, February 4, 2012

in the studio

I spent yesterday afternoon back at Red Brick, putting what I hoped to be the finishing touches to the Yours Truly album. I was dog-tired when I got there, and there was no glamour or romance about the process. Anthony is a great guy, and the studio is one of my favourites, but there's no joy in listening to the same short phrases being repeated, ad nauseum, in an effort to get them sounding right. All I wanted to do was finish...
On and on we went; I guess it was a credit to us both that we didn't just pull the pin and have a beer. I still felt like crap, but discipline was my co-pilot.
Whatever my feelings, it was with a great sense of satisfaction that I, some hours later, walked out of the studio with a finished and mastered CD in my bag.

Thanks, Anthony. Hopefully I'll see you again soon. Red Brick is brilliant.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment