Friday, October 8, 2010

Beatlemania

As I type, the last strains of the Let It Be album are fading into nothingness. Earlier today I decided to listen to every 'proper' studio Beatles album in chronological order. There's 13 of them, if you include Yellow Submarine and Magical Mystery Tour, and don't include A Collection of Beatles' Oldies... But Goldies! Around 11.30 this morning I stuck Please Please Me into the CD player, and have been listening ever since...
I did take a break. I spent five hours playing Beatles covers with a couple of mates. What a great way to spend a Friday night. I'm sure there's room in Adelaide for another Beatles band, and we are just the guys to do it. Keep an eye out for The Nowhere Men. We rock. And we roll.

I guess you could say it has been a Beatles kind of day.

Tomorrow is John Lennon's Birthday. Happy 70th birthday John. Rest in peace. I miss you.

www.bleakumbrella.com

1 comment: