Monday, November 29, 2010

Good times at Goodwood!

I had a fantastic time playing to the patrons of the Goodwood Christmas Fair on Saturday.
Firstly, it's great to play at a local, community event. It is very pleasing to be doing something for the local area.
It was also great to do a solid hour of originals. I didn't play anything I didn't feel like playing, and still filled the hour easily. No-one threw anything at me; no-one stuck their fingers in their ears. Even the weather was kind.
After the first set, I went and played for another 40 minutes at street level. More fun.
In the afternoon I got back up on the main stage with my good mate Lindsay and we knocked out 30 minutes of our old blues numbers. We were sandwiched between two sets from the fabulous Chris Finnen, which was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. We hung around for Chris' set and had a brief chat afterwards. He was genuinely happy to see us playing the old standards like Hoochie Coochie Man, Key to the Highway and Bright Lights, Big City. We were equally happy watching him play and sing. A truly great guitarist.

I think my next big gigs are at SCALA on December 16 and the Grace Emily on December 28. Let's 'ave it!

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment