Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mawson: Day Nine/Ten - Remarkable Melrose

Laura to Melrose is pretty good ride. It's reasonably short but includes a fair bit of climbing out of the Wirrrabara Forest as well as some uphills closer to Melrose. I made the trip in good time, arriving around lunchtime. It was a coolish day and my headcold was holding me back, but I just kept on pedalling. It tried to rain as I set up camp in the early afternoon shadows of the impressive Mount Remarkable, but it was relatively light.
Apart from doing some washing and replacing my thorn-resistant inner tubes with a thinner variety, I took the rest day literally. It didn't seem to do much good - I was pretty knackered and a bit down most of the day - probably the headcold. Come on body, get your act together.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment