Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A poor singer in Singapore...

It is 31 degrees outside. I peer through the windows and watch the warm day turn into a warm night. I am at Changi Airport, on a five hour layover. I am trying to work out if I am hungry. Or thirsty. Gentle strains of inconsequential muzak wash over me as I sit here tap tap tapping away. This place is clean, quiet and well organised. The 1000-yard stare of the transit passenger is a common sight. There are shops everywhere; Rolex, Gucci, Burberry, Armani... and Dunkin' Donuts.
The flight was excellent, it is the first time I've travelled with Singapore Airlines and I am impressed. The service was great and the food was edible. The riesling was awful but that's OK, there were other beverage choices... I watched The Runaways movie and listened to Yellow Submarine. Also Plan B's latest album. The plane was clean, I think new, and the conditions were excellent for flying. Nary a bump.
If the next leg, the longer one, of this journey is as as good as this afternoon's trip, I will be a happy camper.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment